Tuesday 27 October 2009

Easing into the week

With the Grand Union Canal Half Marathon on 8th November getting uncomfortably close I'm starting to think it's taper time.

I really needed the rest day yesterday. Runs in Sherwood Forest took a bigger toll than the usual ones around Harpenden, then the Sunday long run was as long as I'd gone in nearly 4 months.

Tonight I was determined to start the week with an easy zone 1 workout. I headed out on the Southdown loop taking it very easy but concentrating on form, lightness and cadence. It went well and I only strayed into zone 2 on the hill up Crabtree Lane.

At home it was major stretching and core session. Nice start to the week, tomorrow is reps and a cycle to Luton to register Louis.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the name, and make note on the pictures on the wall at the office. I recognised some of the places......

    ReplyDelete