Tuesday 13 October 2009

Seventeen add Three is Twenty

Monday's rest day was really needed after the exertions on the Herts 10k. For the first time ever it was quads and thighs which were feeling the pain, normally its the calves.

I needed to get them moving again and when Jack forgot his recorder I decided a quick spin to Markyate was in order. I took the scenic route via Pepperstock and missed Slip End. On the way back it was Gaddesdon Row and Redbourn. Nice 17 mile loop in the sun. Perfect z2 effort which loosened the legs nicely.

The evening was very calm and I decided a slow 3 mile run was in order. So I set off on the Southdown loop determined to keep the heart in low z2 and to maintain a nice cadence and form. All was well until the final mile, my energy levels dropped and I thought I was going to have to stop. This was what cyclists call a "bonk" and I basically ran out of energy. I didn't stop but carried on to home where I stuffed myself with cereal, peanut butter and jam sarnies, cake and anything else laying about. Guess I didn't eat enough today.

1 comment: