Saturday 31 October 2009

Saturday Tempo

With too much excitement on Friday my tempo run had to be postponed to early Saturday. the alarm went off at 0630 and I kicked off with a strong coffee. The weather looked ok, it had rained in the night but the forecast was for it to clear up. That looked spot on so I set off with no rain gear.

My warm-up over to the Nicky line was uneventful, nobody around, no cars, postmen or dog walkers. As I neared the Nicky Line the drizzle started, woops, they knew something I didn't.

Anyway, down onto the Nicky Line for 24 minutes running at just below Lactate Threshold. This is the HR I'll run the Grand Union Canal Half Marathon at, well most of it at least. The run along the path was ok as the trees provided reasonable shelter but as I came off the path and headed for the park it was full on. Oh dear. The path was slippy and the rain wasn't providing any relief.

The run was ok, the legs have a few aches and need some rest. Left achilies and right knee in particular are feeling tight and slightly swollen.

Pace was just over 7min miles, not great but a good marker for next week. My target at the beginning of the year was to complete a half in under 99 minutes, I should beat 95 but how close to 90 is the dilemma. I'll figure out a pace strategy by next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment