Tuesday 6 October 2009

Where the streets have...runners everywhere

With the new baby in the house its a good job its a taper week. Chores and making tea for the visitors is taking up all the spare time.

I managed to sneak out for a 30 min blast round Southdown tonight. I wanted to keep it short and steady which was fine until I realised half the world was out for a run and I was in the mix of the Aro runners. So I found myself going a little faster than planned which was ok.

On the way passed the sports shop there was much fellowship but no Simon, so I kept running. As I approached Crabtree Lane I saw 2 guys turn the corner, by the time I reached it they were by the bridge. I decided to kick and see if I could catch them. I kept it going and went passed them at the Gilpin Green turn, kept the pace up all the way to Shakespeare which made it a nice fast finish.

It was 3.7miles in 30mins and a nice set of negative splits. Woo hoo. Bring on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. should have kept in all in zone one mate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. his tea making is done in zone 1!

    Just wondering how the 10km will go after a sleepless night...

    ReplyDelete