Saturday 28 November 2009

10 miles and then breakfast, 10.2 miles

Took off early this morning to get a recovery run in. The rain had gone and it was looking like a nice bright morning. I decided to head for Childwickbury, passed Stanley Kubrik's old place and back via Beeson End Lane.

As the weather was so good I decided to go that way via Medway and the Pipers Lane / Ayres End Lane which would add a bit of variety to the usual 8 mile loop.

The focus was on staying close to 9min/mile pace, keeping the heart rate down and running with good form.

The roads were quiet except for the odd jogger and dog walker. The route up to round the lanes was longer than I anticipated and I realised it was going to be a 10 mile run. A bit longer than required and not smart given tomorrow's long run.

I ploughed on and avoided the puddles and mud as much as possible. With the sun out and a bit of blue sky it was a really pleasant run. In the end I covered 10.2 miles, average pace 8.53, average HR 146 and 1425 calories burned.

No comments:

Post a Comment