Friday 13 November 2009

Splish Splash Splosh 6.4 miles

This was the first real test of my commitment. The weather is atrocious, heavy rain and wind.

I went out thinking my gear wasn't going to be up for the job but the jacket did ok and although the socks are trashed, the trainers did ok.

It was tempo day. 16 minute warm up followed by 24 mins at a pace keeping me just below Lactate Threshold, for me that's at a heart rate of 172, and today I averaged 7.09min/mile for the 24 mins. That was pretty good given it was very slippy and impossible to get a rythm going, just too many huge puddles.

The 24 mins were followed by a 15 minute warm down jog back home. Typically the rain started to ease and by the time I was standing outside my house it had stopped. Oh well, 6.4 miles in the bag and a wee bit of rain isn't going to stop me.

It's funny but yesterday I was full of ideas on how to make the 1000 more interesting but when its a tempo or interval session I only think about my running form. I'm quite shocked to realised that.

No comments:

Post a Comment