Sunday 15 November 2009

Sunday evening and I'm a celebrity, 7.5miles

The Murray household has been subject to the latest stomach bug to hit the south east of England. Very messy it is too.

So after another sleepless night there was no way I was joining Niall and Paul for the sunday run. Instead I managed to sneak in a slow 7.5 miles around the streets of Harpenden. Very quiet they were too, x-factor and I'm a Celebrity obviously keeping the masses in front of the telly.

The objective of the run was to keep the pace around 9min/mile and the heart rate down under 150. The reason for this is to build aerobic efficiency which is essential for the marathon. The theory is that over time the speed will increase but the HR will stay in the aerobic zone and so I'll be able to go quicker for longer. Sounds ok. The pace for the run was 8.59 and average HR was 139. Very happy with that.

Now I'm just settling to watch x-factor and I'm a Celebrity which I recorded.

No comments:

Post a Comment