Thursday 12 November 2009

Feels Like Thursday Morning, 7.3miles


After getting the kids onto the school bus at 8am I was off for an hour's run around the paths and tracks of Harpenden. My route took me up Sun Lane onto the Nicky Line, from there I worked my way along to East Common and then home.

It was a lovely morning, cold but dry. There's been a lot of rain so the tracks are slippy but I'm on an easy day so there's no danger of slipping or injury.

I'm feeling motivated, but it is only week 1, so I've not resorted to the ipod. My head is full of ideas for a Burns Supper, my 500th mile will be in NHS specs, try to get as many people as possible to join me for the 1000th mile, try and run with as many people as I can over the next 24 weeks. In that spirit I'm posting the photo of Niall, Dave and I at last Sunday's Grand Union Half Marathon, that was the start of the trek. They're my Jedi Masters so it's only fitting they were present for mile 1.



7.3miles covered today and home by 9am. That's 33.3 for the week so far.

1 comment:

  1. Please let me know which one is Yoda and/or Obi-wan-kenobi?

    ReplyDelete