Thursday 26 November 2009

Easy week, 7.5miles

My 24 week schedule is split into 4 week blocks, each involving 3 hard weeks and an easy week. Next week was due to be my easy one but circumstances have conspired to keep me off the roads this week. So this is now an easy one and I'll kick on again from Sunday.

With Susan back home I took off for an jog around Harpenden. I took the Southdown loop and added a circuit of the avenues to take the run to 7.5miles @ 9.03 min/miles.

Given the stress of the week I was glad to get out and try to ease the tension. I focused on keeping my arms low, cadence high and form good. That lot helped ease the tension in my back and neck, which I hadn't been aware of until I started running.

I was out in my new trainers tonight, Asics Gel-Stratus 3. My Nike Pegasus are the first casualties of the 1000 mile challenge. The last two sodden runs have made mincemeat of them and what was originally a small nick has turned into a major rip down the side. Susan doesn't believe me, she thinks I just wanted a brand new shiny pair. Me?

No comments:

Post a Comment