Friday 20 November 2009

Tempo after dark, 5.7 miles

A busy day and a meeting in Stokenchurch meant no daytime run. So my tempo run had to happen during the evening.

The plan was a 15min warm up and then 3miles at 6.35 pace. The warm-up was fine and I'd decided to start the 3 miles at the end of Dalkeith Road and head over towards Long Buftlers and then back down Dalkieth. That turned out to be bang on 3 miles which was the only good bit.

Within minutes of starting the 3 miles I was feeling dizzy and very shakey. I pressed on but felt pretty bad most of the way. At the end the 3 miles were completed in 21 mins.

On reflection I hadn't eaten through the day so set off with nothing in the tank. I made up for it when I got home but will have to make sure I eat enough during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment