Wednesday 18 November 2009

Wednesday Reps, 5.9miles

The wind was really blowing today. I wondered if Scott's Mexican extravaganza in Charlotte had been to blame?

So, today was 0.4mile at 10k pace, 2min rest, 1.2miles at 10k pace, repeat twice and finish with a final 0.4mile at 10k pace. It sounded murder and it was.

I headed to the Nickey Line and set off way too fast, 5.30 pace. After the first 0.4 I was doubled up wondering if I'd be ready to go again after 2mins. I did recover and set off on the first 1.2mile rep feeling ok. By the end I was struggling badly and I was bobbing about like Paula Radcliffe. Average pace was 6.54, which wasn't bad, it was muddy, windy and mainly uphill.

3rd rep was ok, 6.49 pace. The next 1.2 was seriously tough. Very muddy and again uphill, 7.10 pace and again I was doubled up for my recovery. The last 0.4 was ok, back on dry land and flat, so the pace was 6.56.

A slow jog home and I was back before 9am. 5.91 miles covered but it was much harder than yesterday's 10. Easy run tomorrow thank goodness.

1 comment:

  1. cracking stuff. Amazing you can do this on your own. Did 10 hill reps last night up Dark Lane - a race every time!

    ReplyDelete