Tuesday 17 November 2009

Its a Beautiful Day, 10.5miles

So I was working at home thinking I'd love to get out for a run when the phone goes, its Niall, he's working at home and is planning a lunchtime run. Ok, that's all it takes, quick change and I'm off down to his, the plan is to do the Wheathampstead loop which is around 6 miles. I'm already thinking I'll do a bit more and get it up to 10 if I can.

We're both in bright yellow tops, which is a bit loud for the locals but at least we don't get knocked down by the car coming round the corner towards us.

We set off at what Niall calls "chatting pace", its a bit quicker than normal for me on an easy run but he's entertaining me with stories and so I hardly notice we're bombing along.

We get to Wheathampstead doing about 8min/miles and then we head up the hill to Marshallswick. It's a Paul Savage loop and involves a good climb followed by a run across a ploughed field. From there its back to Batford and then Niall throws in a sprint from the River Lea to the corner shop on Station Road. I hit 4.40min/mile pace, which is flat out for me.

From there Niall headed home and I added the Cooters End Lane Loop. I was now trying to stay at around 9min pace but that was prooving tricky and I kept edging faster.

Got home in just over 80 mins with 10.5miles completed. Nice run after yesterday's rest day. Tomorrow is reps day and I'm already feeling the pain of the set of gutbusters to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment