Saturday 14 November 2009

Thunder, Wind & Rain, 8.4 miles

The weather had been abismal overnight, wind and rain had absolutely battered the south of England, but when I set off at 7am there was a lull in the storm.

I was setting off on the Childwickbury Loop with the objective of keeping my heart rate in the aerobic zone, which is below 152 for me.

A mile in and the rain had started. It wasn't too bad all the way through Childwickbury but then at mile 5 I heard the thunder. I turned to see the darkest sky I've seen for a while. It was enough to get me running hard for home. The rain got heavier but thankfully the worst was over Redbourn and off towards Markyate rather than towards Harpenden.

There was quite a bit of wind about too. Mainly thanks to last night's curry with the lads from Running Fource. Simon picked up the "Top Gun" award, for a number of outstanding races this year and setting pb's at every distance. Niall got the "Running Man" and "Fast & Furious" award for his motivation, speed and intermediary skills. Dave got the wise words of Billy Connolly, who has lots of advice on how to taper. Paul got the most prestigous award and now has responsibility to carry the team's "first aid" kit on our runs.

8.4 miles completed in 1hr 19. Average 8.43min/mile and average HR of 146. Nice. That's 48.1 miles in 7 days. That's the furthest I've ever run in a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment