Tuesday 6 April 2010

A bit of race pace, 7.2miles

I was at home for the day, hard at it writing a report. When I finished I had an hour before I had to be back on duty with the kids.

I decided a 7 mile loop would be good and that I'd throw in a 3 mile middle section at my planned marathon pace. I expect that pace to be in my heart rate zone 3 or high zone 2 but lets see.

I warmed up with 1.5miles over to the Nickey Line. I went down the steps and took it from there, 3 miles at 7.10 -7.20 pace. It was relatively hard to stay in the zone, the temptation being to go too fast. I don't think I settled, probably a bit too focused on the garmin rather than feeling the pace. Oh well, I know what to practice for the next couple of weeks. The heart was in z3 and felt very comfortable.

I warmed down with a 2.7mile loop home via East Common. I was easing along nicely in z1 at 8.08 pace. That's pretty good for me and demonstrated the effect of being warm - faster and easier. Maybe my warm up was a bit too easy. I'll try something different next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment