Thursday 8 April 2010

A long day with 7.5miles

I had a day in Bristol which involved an early train and late finish. But no rest for me and I had to get out for a few miles.

6 hours on trains though and my legs were wondering what was going on, I had an ache in my left knee, my right ankle, my right calf etc etc.

After a mile all was well though and as it was not quite dark I headed to the Nickey Line. By the time I reached West Common it was pitch dark though and I was relieved not to have twisted an ankle.

My thoughts tonight were all about the progress I've made over the last 925miles. There were 3 areas I targetted:
Endurance - by chugging out mile after mile there's no doubt I've improved
Technique - I've worked hard at getting "light" on my feet rather than thumping my way along the roads.
Pace - by doing reps week in week out I've got more and more comfortable running quickly.

The theory is that the combination of endurance, speed and technique will see me hit pb's across 5k, 10k and half marathon distances. As this is my first marathon I'll be doing a personal best whatever time I do.

So tonight was good, an easy comfortable 7.5miles at 9.13 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment