Saturday 10 April 2010

Super Saturday, 11miles

The sun's still beating down, marvellous.

I met Alistair this morning at 0745 for another 10-11mile loop round Childwickbury. I was vested and skimpy shorts, yet still felt warm!! Alistair was in normal short sleeve top but bizarrely there were other runners out in fleece tops and one guy in a Helly Hansen thermal?!?!? I must be going through the man-apause or something.

Anyway, it was a nice warm-up over to Long Buftlers and then joining Alistair the pace picked up. We held it around 7.40s and chatted our way round. On the hills the pace slowed a tad but still we picked it back up to the 7.40s. I'm not saying the chatting was free and easy but back in the day, it is a well known fact, I could only grunt responses at 8.30 pace. Progress.

We made it up the Beeson End hill in no time as we realised we had 3 or 4 other non-running mutual friends. The world is a small place.

So we finished 10miles at 8min pace, not bad given that included my warm up and its a hilly old route. I finished off with a mile to warm down. So 11miles done and its not 9.00am. Perfect.

Now I've a day of being bossed about in the garden and then down the allotment. Oh what joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment