Monday 5 April 2010

Holiday Monday, 11.1miles

Easter Monday and I'm awake too early thanks to a crying Louis. He's a good wee lad but this morning he's unsettled and its only 0630.

I'm meeting Paul at 0815 but decide its time to get up and out. After a chilled breakfast I eascape and do a 4 mile loop over to Long Buftlers and back.

I meet Paul down at the George and we head roughly in the direction of Redbourn. He has a few new paths up his sleeve, so we head out of the park and over to the rugby club. From there we head down the hill and then broadly across towards the Watermill and Beeson End Lane. We don't head down to the hill so meet Beeson End up at the top. From there we head to Cross Lane and then around the houses to Crabtree Lane where we part.

Paul's on a new training programme that's aimed at increasing his 10k pace, it doesn't seem to be working as he's feeling fatigued and wasn't setting his normal sub 8 min pace. Hopefully he'll bounce back.

I enjoyed the run. My first 4 miles were all easy mid 9min pace and the rest medium 8's with the one sub 8 thrown in. My heart rate was zone 1 and 2 all the way apart from 4 mins in zone 3 when on the hills. 11.1 miles covered in 1hr 38mins, average pace 8.53.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! Thanks for finding my blog. I never hit the next button but I'm going to now...you never know what's out there!!

    ReplyDelete