Saturday 24 April 2010

Ready

It's been a wierd week. The legs have felt tired even though I've only run a handful of miles. Mentally I've been all over the place and my confidence has been shaken.

Today I'm ready. I've reflected on 1000miles of training. It's delivered an incredible increase in stamina coupled with the ability to run quicker over the shorter distances. That puts me in good stead for tomorrow so long as I am sensible.

The target is to be sub 3:15 which would give me a good for age time. If I do it I'll be ecstatic. If not then I won't be too upset, I am fitter than ever and taking part in one of Great Britain's landmark annual events. I'm a lucky boy.

Sub 3:30 will still be awesome and anything sub 4 will be worthy of respect. The weather is getting warmer and there's a good chance tomorrow will be the hottest day of our year so far.

Anyway, I intend to pace myself for 3:15. I hope to pass halfway in 1:35 and then get a 1:38 second half. It's completely unknown territory but I've done the training and believe its achievable. Fast, smooth and light is my mantra for the run. I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment