Sunday 18 April 2010

Taper week

One week to the Marathon and the schedule says 11 mile easy run.

I was out at a party last night, got home at 1.00am and had been crazy enough to agree to run with Paul at 0715. Bad decision.

I was knackered before I started. I had to take a couple of toilet stops and generally struggled all the way round.

The route was up to Mackery End and then over to Gustard Wood. Paul suggested an extension which was a bit of a disaster as it just prolonged my agony.

Anyway, I made it home and felt rough as old rope. An afternoon nap and the world was looking up again.

My mates Jon Cobb and Kev Deacon completed the Brighton Marathon today. Awesome effort in the heat. I'm hoping the weather will break now and we'll have rain by next Sunday.

The next few days will be running free - no miles - just a bit of rest and stretching.

1 comment:

  1. Ken best of luck! I'll be looking out for you on the tv next weekend.

    ReplyDelete