Friday 23 April 2010

Nearly there, 3.5miles

I've not run since Sunday. That's 4 days off. I needed a few miles as I could sense the legs were rusty.

The plan was an easy 15mins to warm up and then a mile at race pace and then an easy run home followed by a stretch.

The legs wondered what was going on as I headed roughly in the direction of the Nickey Line. Both calves felt tight and the heart rate was pretty much out of control!

It did start to calm down after a mile, then the aches and pains had gone and the rythm returned. After 15 mins it was time to raise the pace. I found 7.30 very easily which was reassuring and I knew when I was beginning to go too fast. The pace was bang on and I was pleased to get that out of the way.

I jogged back to the park and stretched for a bit. Cracking day and hardly anyone about.

Tomorrow I will run, but just a mile or two to keep the legs on form for Sundays pounding.

No comments:

Post a Comment