Wednesday 14 April 2010

Watering along the way, 5.3miles

We've planted some peas and they needed a bit of a watering so I had to spend a few minutes at the allotment doing the watering - with watering cans.

From there I headed out towards Luton on the Nickey line. I decided to throw in a 2 mile blast at race pace to see how it felt. I was pleased to find the pace without having to stare at my Garmin and even more delighted to see my heart stay in zone 2. That's a good sign for the marathon.

The scaling back of the mileage has been having a strange effect on my running. It feels lighter and at the end of the runs there's a kind of "is that it" moment. I guess I'll have the same feeling after the marathon but probably with a bit more leg pain.

So it was 5.3miles. Went up Cooters End Lane and found myself trying to slow down. No points for too much fast running at this late stage.

I've got new running shoes being delivered tomorrow. A new pair of Asics Stratus 3, I'll only have a few miles to bed them in but these others are officially shot to bits.
"Trainers for sale or rent"

No comments:

Post a Comment