Wednesday 30 September 2009

Swim and Short Reps

Started the day with a swim. Aim was to focus on breathing and good rotation. Took a good few lengths to get into a rhythm but eventually felt the balance and efficiency come. The key is obvious, start slow, establish a rhythm, get the breathing sorted and then build speed. I'll try it tomorrow!

Lunchtime was set for 400m reps. Hadn't done anything this short and was mindful of Paul's advice to maintain my 800m pace. It didn't do any good.

After my warm-up I was off, full pelt, 400m. The garmin was set for 1m30s recovery whcih felt right. Reps 2-4 were also done flat out but 5 & 6 were very painful. I could feel the legs aching and nearing failure as I neared the end.

The Garmin told me that my average had been 3.20m/km, with rep 2 fastest at 3.07. Not sure the session did any good, it certainly proved I can't maintain that sort of pace for very long.

No comments:

Post a Comment