Saturday 6 February 2010

Early start, 10.5miles

After yesterday's near meltdown I had an early night, lots of carbs and fluids. So I woke early feeling reasonably ok and decided to do a 90 minute loop down to Childwickbury.

It was a nice clear morning at 7am. The sky was clear and the tempearture fresh. The legs took a mile or so to get comfortable, by which time I was doing the infamous run round Long Buftlers that Paul loathes. I took the bridleway down to Pipers Lane and then up Ayres End Lane to the A1081. All was quiet and still on the roads.

Down through Childwickbury and I started thinking of the Virgins at the end of the marathon. That's right isn't it? Last year it was a tub of Flora but now we'll have a few Branson Bunnies to ease the pain and provide a bit of comfort.

After Childwickbury it was Beeson End Lane and home. By the time I was up at the common there was a mist hanging over the town and the best of the day was behind us.

Nice 10.5 miles in just over 95mins. Tomorrow I'm going longer as I build towards the 3 hour mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment