Tuesday 16 February 2010

Slip slidin' away, 7.6miles

It was good to get out for an easy few miles. Yesterday's rest day was a disaster. I was in Suffolk and had an evening meeting which finished at 10pm. Should've been home around 1130pm but instead it was 3am. There was a serious accident on the A12 and I was stuck in the melly. Unfortunately it was a fatal accident so the road was to remain closed for some hours and the process of reversing 3-400 cars off the dual carriageway was arduous but well organised.

Around 5pm I felt ready for a pre-pancake run. With an hour's grace it was the Herts 10k route at easy pace. The route was very boggy on the fields and trails, and there were big old puddles on the roads, so it wasn't that enjoyable.

In the end I did 7.6 miles at 8.42 pace. In the mix were a couple of faster sections but nothing too serious. I have a 2mile time trial on Thursday which should be interesting. I should manage 12 mins according to my pace schedule - well, we'll be finding out on Thursday lunchtime.

I've decided to give up pancakes for Lent.

No comments:

Post a Comment