Friday 5 February 2010

Was that Niall? 7.3miles

So I had a scary moment this morning when I thought I saw Niall walking down to the station. No chance of that, he's been eating toblerone for a fortnight and learning all the rules and regulations of living in Geneva.

So I took for an easy run along a route Niall enjoyed. Wheathampstead via the Swan Walk and then back to Harpenden via the detour up through the farms towards Mackerey End.
It was a real slog though. I made a hasty exit when the kids were joined by some friends for tea and left the house without taking enough fluid. I realised after a few miles I hadn't taken on enough calories over the day. By mile 3 I was feeling weary.

I made it home having covered 7.3 miles at 9.42 pace. That's just above walking pace! So it was straight to the kitchen for a litre of orange and the remains of the kids pasta.
I was planning a decent couple of hours on the road tomorrow but I'll see how I feel after a night's sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment