Saturday 27 February 2010

The first one hurt a lot, 11miles

I was absolutely knackered when I set off this morning. The calves were aching and my body just wanted sleep.

The first mile was a monster. I was hurting and the wet weather was just making it miserable.

After the first one it seemed to brighten. The legs found a rythm and the sun broke through.

My route was Childwickbury and back via Beeson End. Then I dropped my tango jacket and hat, grabbed a drink and through in a 3 mile loop down Station Road, along the Nickey Line and up passed the Sewage works.

I had a bit of off-road down in Childwickbury which was treachorous. The mud was lethal, twice I nearly went head first into it. Beeson End was easy after the reps on Thursday. In hindsight those hill reps will put me in good stead for Berkhamstead Half Marathon next week.

Bumped into Paul Turner down the bottom of Station Road, stopped for a catch up and then struggled to get the legs moving.

Overall it was bang on 11miles, 1hr 40, which is 9.05 average. That's not as slow as I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment