Thursday 18 February 2010

Oh that was hard, 3.5miles

Today was 2-mile time trial up at National Grid. With the fast guys going for 11's I thought I'd try for 11.50.

The weather was rubbish. Wet slimy snow and puddles everywhere. Anyway, it was the same for us all and in a staggered start it was all about finishing well and not slipping too far behind.

I went off steady planning an easy first mile and ramp up for the second. Unfortunately I instantly felt empty. The legs were feeling weak and although I knew I was within myself I just couldn't find another gear when I expected to push on.

I was a bit disappointed with 12.11 for 2 miles. I know I can go faster but the jelly legs were evident. I hope it was a result of the weekend's efforts, my late night on Monday and a lack of carbs over the last few days.

I didn't do any extra miles tonight as I feel a bit weary. Instead I've got the carbs in and had a rest. I'll do an wasy 5 in the morning and see how I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment