Monday 22 February 2010

Getting Faster, 4.1miles

After the slow runs of the weekend I fancied a bit of speed and sought out the Grid elite for a lunchtime run.

They had set off before me but I guessed their route and set off hoping to meet them on their return and run in the slipstream. It worked pretty well.

Two miles in and I bump into Will and Rob. Both very fast. I catch onto them and hope to hold on for the 2 miles home. As usual I can't help but lead a little - big mistake, these guys are animals.

My average pace was 8.09 and 7.51 for my first 2 miles. Followed by 6.51 and 6.36. The last mile was actually much faster but I couldn't hold on for the last 600m as they eased into another gear. I finished well behind.

The run was exactly what I was after and I'm feeling close to finding my sustainable race pace. A few extra miles tomorrow and then a rest day followed by hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment