Sunday 21 February 2010

Easy recovery and more snow, 6.2miles

Man I was all aches and pains after yesterday's long run. That extra few miles is really something and hard to describe.

Susan has worked with elite athletes as a dietitian, helping them reach PB's through more effective training and race nutrition. At long last she decided to give me some advice. So my diet is being overhauled to ensure I'm able to bounce back from the long runs and be as lean as I can on race day.

Out goes the fatty foods and in comes extremely high carb foods. I've not exactly got a bad diet but she has me eating like Michael Phelps, think 3-4000 calories every day.

This morning was a recovery run for Paul and I. A cheeky loop to Wheathampstead at 9 pace was my plan and unbelievable Paul was on for it too. Normally he wants to go faster but his 16.5 yesterday had taken its toll.

We hoped Anthony would be out but he was on sick duty as one of his girls had been poorly all night.

The snow was falling and the ground was crisp, which was good as its very mucky and slippy. The run over was fine. Slow, 9min, zone 1. Happy days.
The return was similar. Easy peasy.

Got home in 58mins, 6.2miles to the total and no idea what I'll do next.

No comments:

Post a Comment