Thursday 4 February 2010

Its downhill from here, 11.4miles



That's the 500 up and I'm on the home run. Less than 500 miles to go and 79 days till race day.
Today was a rep session at lunchtime with the National Grid lads. 6 were out for 5x4mins on and 2 mins off.
They have a 500m loop, so two laps is 1k, if you complete the two loops in 4 mins you;re running 40min 10k.
Rep 1 I followed Will and Rob, they are both sub40 guys so I was surprised to pass them and finish well beyond the 1k mark. Reps 2-4 were a nightmare. I'd clearly shot myself in the foot with a 5.33 paced first rep. The remainder slid towards 6.00 pace and they were painful. I finished each well behind Rob and Will, who got stronger on every rep. Woops.
So after that I was in need of an easy recovery run before dinner. I took off for Coldharbour Lane, up Westfield Road, The Oval, down and up to Roundwood and then round the avenues. It was a 6.4 mile loop all at easy 9min pace.
That's me looking down on Machu Pichu by the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment