Sunday 8 August 2010

Anniversary Run with Speirsy, 11miles

We're just a week short of a year since Speirsy first Sunday morning run. That was a loop round Cooters End Lane and then the Herts 10k route.

Today we met for an easy 10 miles. He's doing a 56 mile race next Saturday so wanted an easy paced run. Suited me, 9min sundays are perfect. Anthony and a new Paul were out but both SavaPaul and Dave had letters from their mums.

Simon and Paul led the route. The beginning was well known up the path to Mackery End. From there we headed towards Kimpton mainly on new paths for me and Anthony. We popped out near Barley Bean Farm which is one of our road routes but were quickly back on paths and fields.

I was lost even though I knew we weren't that far from home, just completely disorientated.

Simon and Paul set an 8.40 pace while Anthony and I held the 9. Simon and Paul waited up for us.

Good run. Will do those paths again. Tough ups and no real gimme's on the down as you're continually ducking under trees and bushes.

Legs hurt afterwards, that's my longest run in quite a few weeks.

Anniversary Run with Speirsy, 11miles by kdmurray65 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment: