Thursday 5 August 2010

Lunchtime Reps and Evening Cycle, 27miles

Really tough session at lunchtime with the National Grid elite. 30 secs on and 30 off.

Ironman Will and uber fast Steve set the pace for the first 10 reps. I was managing to stay respectably close without actually keeping up.

After 10, John Wilson stepped up to the plate and pushed the pace into another level. I was blown. I started falling back as they pushed on and on.

A few guys dropped out which was tempting but I finished the session in bits. Rightly Ironman Will had pulled out of the last 3 reps, he's doing his second ironman of the summer this weekend.

This evening Adrian was out for a 50 miler. I joined him at mile 23 and took the lead over to Brocket Hall, Old Welwyn, Codicote and Whitwell. It was a windy evening and we seemed to be continually riding into it. Annoying.

All was good. I have my new High5 endurance drink which loads the carbs as well as the fluids. I also took on a midway gel and bar. I felt very strong at the end of 27miles and could've done a bit more.

Tonight was our first crash though. Adrian got a bit too close while drafting and caught my back wheel which sent him flying. Luckily apart from some grazed fingers he was ok. That's a year since we started our drafting sessions almost to the day! What a way to celebrate.

Good day today. Tomorrow I'll ease off with just a swim and get ready for a big weekend. Another 56miler planned and this time I'll be on my own and pushing the pace.


Untitled by kdmurray65 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment