Monday 9 August 2010

Bison Hill is Conquered, 53miles

This was a breakthrough ride. Bison Hill is the steepest test around here and today was the day I sat for the whole climb and wow did it feel good!

My first ride up the hill this year nearly ended in me being sick and walking up. Last year I didn't get close to this level. I am delighted.

I was joined by William for the usual route over to Ashridge and back to Harpenden. After Bison we did a bit of drafting work which was 3 miles at 26/27/28mph, we were flying.

After 29miles William passed the baton to Adrian. We went over to Peters Green and then the route to Preston, Whitwell, Codicote and home. This saw a 47mph top speed on the hill down to East Hyde and then a decent bit of drafting along to Codicote and Wheathamstead.

This was an excellent session. The nutrition for the ride was 4 gels, 1 muesli bar, 1.5litre of High5 endurance drink. Lunch was a sandwich, mid afternoon some fruit'n fibre.

Bison Hill is Conquered, 53miles by kdmurray65 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment