Monday 16 August 2010

Swim Session, Sandy Lane, Barbados

Sea swimming is a bit different. No turning at the end of a length and therefore no loss of rhythm.

I swam a 750-800m circuit outside Sandy Lane where a fairly massive section of beach is protected from jet skis, speedboats and anything with an engine.

The loop was good. I started strongly and the first third was in control and very even. As I started to tire I felt the rhythm go and the body start to wobble a bit. By the last 3rd I was all over the place and Susan said it was quite comical.

I've just started reading Lance's biography again, Its Not About the Bike. My favourite line so far is "What makes a great endurance athlete is the ability to absorb potential embarrassment, and to suffer without complaint."

I can do the embarrassment bit by the bucketful. So I'll be back out tomorrow for another 800m.

No comments:

Post a Comment