Sunday 29 August 2010

Spin and Swim

0715 start for the spin class this morning. The only foreigner amongst the locals. Last time I did a spin was 2-3 years ago and I'd only done 2 or 3 classes then. Anyway, the local Bajan accent was tough to follow so I just had to watch my classmates to follow the instructions.

We went hell for leather for the first 10 minutes, building to the equivalent of a very steep climb. So the class developed, build up the effort, recover, build effort then recover. After 45 mins that was it. I was under the impression it was an hour so felt a bit short changed. Then I tried to stand up, oh jelly legs! Tougher than I appreciated. HR had been in Z4 but not reached 5.

After that it was down to Sandy lane with the kids and Susan. Did the loop. Quite a strong current today which added to the task but I made it round, 100% crawl and in 17 mins. I was happy and not too fatigued. Still haven't gone for the second lap yet.

This afternoon we went for a drive to Bathsheba on the East coast. Stumbled upon the local Surfing competition involving surfers from around the Caribbean. It was awesome. That's coolness personified.

No comments:

Post a Comment