Tuesday 24 August 2010

Monkey Run, 5.7miles

I decided the guard dogs were a bit too scary so was back on the golf course for today's run. I set off before 7am which was nice but by 7.30am it was absolutely murder. Its 29c overnight so by the time I'm running its low 30's.

The golf course had a group of monkeys strolling across it this morning. Heading for the houses to see if they could scavenge some food. We've seen them in our garden twice so far. They normally get a few bananas to share.

The run was steady 10 pace. Probably should've taken an 11 for the first as I was feeling the heat by the end. A good start to the day.

I've started to think these runs are quite good for the Half Ironman. I'll be pretty fatigued for the run section and these runs over here are both physically and mentally challenging.

Monkey Run, 5.7miles by kdmurray65 at Garmin Connect - Details

No comments:

Post a Comment