Tuesday 24 August 2010

New Route, 5 miles

Set off just after 7am this morning. It was much cooler but still no other joggers. I asked one of the locals why no one ran? He said they do, at 4.30am when it's cool. Oh well, I'll be running on my own.

Today I decided to venture off the golf course and round some of the lanes. It was quite brave as the map and road configuration don't match. Also every house has a guard dog (or two) and they seem to be kept hungry. So at every fence there was a raging dog venting for meat! It kept me moving that's for sure.

So off I went and ended up quite a bit further from home than anticipated. Also had to run along a main road for a bit which also had the laxative affect. Everyone driving a vehicle, whether its a car, bus or truck, fancies himself as the next Michael Schumacher, so you stay out of the way.

Anyway, all that behind me the run was pretty good. I ended up near an Italian spot called Daphne's which we plan to eat at on Wednesday and also was very close to a local gym with spin classes. I need to get some bike work done before I get back.

Later in the morning it was swim time. Very happy with my loop, 18mins and maintained good form for all of it. I just need to take the next step and go for 2 laps.

More of the same planned for tomorrow but probably try and get a gym session in if I can.

New Route, 5 miles by kdmurray65 at Garmin Connect - Details

1 comment: