Wednesday 3 March 2010

Easy and steady, 6miles

This is turning into a nice little regular run. I drop the kids for the schoolbus at 7.55 and set off on a 6 mile loop so I'm home before 9.

Today was dry and cold. That meant not too many puddles and the mud was a little less slippy.

I headed up Sun Lane, picked up the Nickey Line and headed up through the park, down West Common and home via Southdown, High Beeches, Dalkeith Road and Station Road.

My head was full of tactics for Sunday's half marathon. I normally go off too fast but I really need to ease into the race. Thing is mile 1 and 2 are downhill and I'll be giving up the chance to get some time in the can if I go too slow. So it'll have to be a decent warm-up to get me ready to hit race pace fairly early.

The target is sub 1.30. I've been told not to go all out for the pb. If I do I'll probably do myself some damage. So it's all about steady pacing and being confident that I can recover the time lost on the hills on the descents. Should be fun. Right now I'm confident but we'll see how I feel on Sunday after 4 miles and the first monster hill is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment