Saturday 6 March 2010

Half Marathon Prep, 0miles

So tomorrow is the Berkhamsted Half Marathon. I ran it last year with Dave and Niall but got injured at mile 3. I'd played football the week before and taken a knock to the calf which blew up after the first hill. I crawled round in 1hr 49.

Over the last 2 days my focus has been on going under 1.30 tomorrow. My prep has been good and hopefully I've had enough rest. I'm carbed, the gear is packed and I've my race schedule worked out.

The plan is 6.50's for the first 2miles. See how the hill goes and get back to 6.50's on the flat. From mile 6 I hope to be able to step up and get home at an average between 6.40-6.50.

The test will be mile 7, 8 and 9. Looking at Niall's splits from last year this is where he lost his time. I need to be ready to dig deep and remember there's a free mile at 12.

Simon has said "unleash" myself tomorrow. I like that word. Up to now I have been supremely disciplined - much to the annoyance of my running buddies - and kept it slow.

So at mile 7 tomorrow I plan to unleash and see how fast I can do the last 6 miles. It'll put me in good stead for mile 20-26 on April 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment