Tuesday 23 March 2010

I believe in JC, 5miles

Yesterday was a really tough one. I was so tired there was no chance of a run. I was in bed by 9pm and had a well overdue long sleep! Today was better.

Lunchtime run was with Uber-Will from National Grid. He's a star and was up for an easy 5 miles and a discussion about training etc.

We set off chatting, mile 1 completed in 7.32. Mile 2 we were still chatting, 7.12. Mile 3 and Will was still chatting, 7.06. Only kidding I was still participating in the conversation. Mile 4 was 7.04.

Mile 5 I decided to see if I could step up the pace. It went well. 6.28 final mile and a nice last 150m at 4.20 pace.

On my way home from Warwick the weather was the pits but as I was going to be stuck inside I wasn't too worried. As I came onto the A1081 I spot a runner, it's dark now, it's wet and this guy is making his way up to the roundabout. I'm feeling a tad jealous and as I get close I recognise that runner as the main man Jon Cobb. Jon's one of my heroes, white collar boxer and two marathons under his belt. A Portsmouth die-hard and one of God's own men. We exchanged messages earler this evening and he's got a place in the Brighton Marathon. I believe in JC! Hopefully we will be running together in Hemel on Sunday for an extreme 22miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment