Tuesday 1 September 2009

25th August, Easy Run in Kintyre

After the mega ride on Saturday I decided an easy run was in order. I was given an hour by the boss and set off towards along the coastal path. It was a bit boggy in places and there were two streams to get across but it was enjoyable.
I turned after a mile as the path disappeared and got the shock of my life. I'd been running with a nice wind behind me and now had to run into it. I focused on leg turnover, short strides and upright head which seemed to do the business.
An uphill gradient was next, a bit like Beeson End lane with a gale! It had the heart fluttering but the legs felt ok. On reaching Kilberry I turned for home and enjoyed being blown back down the hill. The legs were turning fast and I hit 6min mile pace while laughing my head off. Just as well there was no one around.
A stretch finished off my hour which was enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment