Thursday 17 September 2009

Lunchtime Reps

Wednesday is normally rep day but being the flexible chap I am, I slotted them in for this lunchtime. Headed down to Lea Valley path as a warm-up and got myself in the frame of mind.
Main objective was to have 6 steady reps and not blow the whole thing on rep 1. I wanted to run light and with good form but knew that with pace the big focus my shape might well fall to pieces.
I set off on rep 1 feeling comfortable and on completion wondered if I'd held back too much. Recovery was a jog further along the path. Rep 2-4 were comfortable, not easy but no major decay in speed or energy levels. Rep 5 was like going over a cliff, it was hard and the breathing was a struggle. Rep 6 was ok, although I eased off in the middle when my mind wandered into some unknown space, I realised I'd slowed and built the pace up again but I'd lost a few seconds.
Overall the session was good, my running shape was a bit all over the place and on a couple of occasions I felt less than athletic. However, average speed for the 6 reps was 3.57min/km, HR reached z5 midway through rep 3. Not too shabby.

No comments:

Post a Comment