Tuesday 22 September 2009

Easy Zone 1 Run

After the intensity of Sunday it was good to be back to a quiet easy run. I was determined to keep in Z1 and to keep my form for the whole run. I'd decided on the 5 mile loop down to Southdown, up Medway along to Long Buftlers and back via Dalkeith Road.
It was a fine evening, no wind and quite mild. The roads were empty for most of the run and I felt I was running well, in Z1, quiet feet and leaning slightly forward.
On the hills I tried to stay in Z1 but strayed marginally to Z2, which felt like a defeat.
On the return leg I ran into the Aro sports crew, they were flying down from Aldwickbury as I strolled up in z1. No sign of super Simon but they looked a dedicated mix.
The average HR was 134 and it felt good to be back out. Tomorrow is reps day and I'm ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment