Thursday 10 September 2009

Wheato Loop at Dusk

As darkness began to descend I made my way out towards Wheathampstead for an easy 6 mile loop. The plan was to keep the HR in zone 3 & 4 and to concentrate on good form and cadence.
The run down to Wheathampstead was done in the light, very uneventful except for what I thought was a horse coming up behind me on the Lea Valley path. Turned out to be a single runner listening to his i-pod but seriously pounding the ground on every footfall. It was scary and made me concentrate further on a light touch on each step.
Going up the hill to the fields was easy for once and on analysing the garmin I saw the HR had risen to 160 but then recovered to 140 almost immediately. I've heard Niall talk about this sort of thing but never had it happen to me. Very nice it is too.
I felt strong going along the top and struggled to keep my pace down as I thought back to the Running Fource 5 mile time trial.
From Wheathampstead the darkness fell quickly but being back on paths it was straightforward. Took the Station Road ascent instead of Crabtree Lane in order to hit the 6 miles.
Lovely run finished with 15 mins of stretching.

No comments:

Post a Comment