Tuesday 1 September 2009

29 August, Run to the Coves and back

It was a blustery day in Kintyre so the bike was banned. Instead it was time for a quick hour on the legs. I focused on good cadence and wanted to keep the heart rate in zone 3 and 4 on the hills, so I decided to head for the Coves and see how I got on.
The run over was good, heart rate was steady and my form was good on the ups and downs. It was amazing to run in beautiful surroundings and see one or two cars, a few sheep and absolutely nothing else.
I reached the Coves in just under half an hour and turned for home into the breeze. I kept the focus on cadence and form, and cruised home. The heart rate edged up on the second leg but I felt remarkably strong and comfortable.
I reached home in a total time of 57 mins, which meant a negative split into the wind without trying. I like it peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment