Wednesday 9 September 2009

Killer Lunchtime Reps

I headed down to the Lea Valley path for my 6 x 800m rep session thinking it had been a few weeks. Indeed it had been more than a month due to illness and a holiday.
In any case I had Niall’s words echoing in my head and set off on rep 1 like there was a place for Scotland in the World Cup finals riding on it. I set off way too fast and by the end of the rep was gasping badly.
The following reps were hard. My perceived effort was through the roof and the breathing / heart rate / legs all felt as if they were on the end of a very red-line.
The garmin confirmed I’d set off at 4.40 mile pace on rep 1. Obviously I couldn’t sustain that and the average slipped to 5.43. Overall I was delighted and it was a fast session if an absolute killer.

1 comment: