Wednesday 23 September 2009

Reps, the last for a while

Had an MOT on my ACL over in Welwyn at lunchtime. Involved a 20minute lay down while the MRI was completed. No major issues with the knee but a 5 year check-up is a nice NHS touch.

After the MRI it was rep time, 6x800m with 2min recovery. I was feeling reasonably ok and went off at a good pace. First 2 were fine but I felt the pain in rep 3. During 4 I made an error and switched off, only realising I had slowed when the Garmin complained. I switched back on for 5 & 6 and felt I finished very strongly.

The Garmin confirmed rep 6 was at 4.02min/km which is my best finish. Rep 4 was useless in comparison at 4.11. Overall I averaged 3.58 with rep 1 compeleted in HR z4 at 3.43 pace.

Looking at the stats it's time to ease off the fast stuff before the 10k. Last time I had a 2 week break I bounced back faster. Hopefully that'll be the case on October 11.

No comments:

Post a Comment