Friday 11 September 2009

Early Evening Tempo Run

Decided to head out at 4.30pm after a gruelling workday. The tempo run is set at 12 min warm-up in z2/3 and then 24mins in Zone 4. The plan was to head over passed St Georges and then down to the Nicky Line and blast down and round to the park.
The 24 mins on was tricky as I'd set the heart rate zones as per the book which was tight. So it took me a few minutes to get the tempo right, when the heart went high I slowed but had to learn to just ease off a tad.
Traditionally I pass someone I know and this was to be no exception. I'd seen my neighbour Andy Buchanan preping for a mountain bike session a few hours earlier and sure enough here he was blasting up the Nicky Line as I cruised down. I recognised him at a distance and he was clearly shocked by my "how you doing Andy?" as he approached.
The run felt very comfortable and I was pleased to only stray outside the zone on the hillier sections. The pace was 7.19min /miles.
Overall, with the warm up and warm down it was a 48 min workout and I covered 5.7miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment