Thursday 24 September 2009

A new addition to the family

Although baby 4 is due any day, I was in need of new trainers after pounding my Bowerman's over the last 6 months. As a forefoot runner I'd been directed a few times towards the Newton stable. So, after a bit of research this was the day for my trip down to Berkhamsted Sports to see if they would live up to the hype.

To get there it was a z1 bike ride, only straying above Z1 on the hills up to Gaddesdon Row and then up to Potten End.

The trainers were ready for me as I'd been on the phone confirming stock and price. A quick try on to confirm sizing and a few strides later I knew they were going home with me. They fit like a glove and provide fantastic cushioning on the forefoot.

The return home was bound to be faster with my new trainers in the bag, so no wonder it was a z3 ride home. Overall 25 miles and a new pair of uber trainers to wear around the house for a few days. Can't wait to break them in on Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. talcum powder in the shoes....guarantee no blisters!

    ReplyDelete