Tuesday 8 September 2009

Darkness at the edge of town

After a Monday rest day which was very much required today was a chance to ease back into the week. I blew the swim at lunchtime because of work, so it was an early evening run instead.
The object was to keep the heart rate low and focus on good leg turnover and form. I decided to head down Station Road and along the new path to Cooters End Lane, up the hill and home.
The light faded fast as I set off and along the path parallel to Coldharbour Lane it was pitch black. By the time I reached the fields I'd decided I would definetely eat my carrots.
It was beautiful going along the path, the darkening sky was lit by trains zipping passed and planes landing and taking off from Luton.
I plodded my way up Cooters End Lane humming a bit of Springsteen and thinking this was a great route. On hitting Harpenden, it was back to dodging commuters and cars, ho hum the peace couldn't last forever.
It was a good warm up for the week and the average HR was 140. Tomorrow is interval day, so I hope its a bit cooler than today.

No comments:

Post a Comment